Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall in Duluth








Sorry I didn't post on time last week. We were out of town for a wedding and although the hotel boasted of wireless from every room I couldn't seem to make it work. Dad's childhood friend, Jason, was married just south of Duluth.





Friday, while Dad attended to the responsibilities of being a groomsman (which in this case included a little golfing!), the kids and I checked out Cloquet and Duluth. We stopped at several parks before ending up at Canal Park, Duluth's harbor. There, we toured a retired iron ore ship and a couple of candy stores while walking along the shore of Lake Superior. Later in the afternoon, as it became chilly, we hopped in the van and continued our tour of the city across the cool lift bridge and out Park Pointe.







The wedding was outdoors at Jay Cooke State Park and very beautiful. The kids, especially Baby were thrilled that wedding guests were shuttled to and from hotel to ceremony in a school bus. The kids were well behaved and Dad looked handsome in his tux.






























The reception was great! Food was yummy and we were able to visit with Dad's old friends and their lovely wives. The dance was fun and kid friendly. They had a craft table set up and the DJ did so many kid interactive things. We danced and danced. #1 and I closed the place down, dancing right up to the very last dance!


On Sunday we returned to Jay Cooke State Park for some hiking and exploring. Photos cannot do justice! The fall color!!!! The rock!!!!! The icy water!!!!! Everyone got a little wet and a little hurt at some point. The kids are such nature lovers and #1, in particular, is very daring and adventurous in her hiking. By the end Dad had to carry Baby out as she was exhausted.


Please enjoy the photos and I will be back to my regular blogging schedule the end of this week, I think. . .











































2 comments:

* said...

We miss you. We need to see you. Punk will LOVE seeing that picture of his his favorite chick with his favorite animal.

Call me when you can.
j

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love that area and haven't been for so long. I loved the picts. :) Miss you - Ellen